Discount Dental Network
Utilizing Aetna Dental Access®
As a member of the Dentachoice program, you have access to a national network of over 262,000 available dental practice locations through one of the largest dental discount networks in America, the Aetna Dental Access® Network. Participating dental locations may provide savings that range from 15-50% per visit, on average, on dental services including cleanings, x-rays, fillings, root canals, crowns, bridges and orthodontia.
How To Use The Aetna Dental Access® Dental Program
- Select a participating provider from the Dental Provider Lookup.
- Let the provider know that you are part of the Aetna Dental Access® network.
- You will pay the participating Aetna Dental Access® network provider the discounted fees at the time of service.
- There are no claim forms to submit for reimbursement.
Advantages of this discount program:
- No waiting periods and no age restrictions
- No pre-existing condition exclusions*
- No benefit maximum
- No paperwork hassles or claim forms to file
- Cosmetic dentistry included
- Orthodontia always included
- Can be use in addition to dental insurance or enhance existing dental insurance
- Vision discounts included
* Except work already in progress
Sample Dental Care Savings
|Procedure||Select Regional Average Cost By Aetna®||Average Cost With Dentachoice||Your Total Saving|
|Periodic Oral Exam||$70||$35||$35|
|Comprehensive Oral Exam||$108||$50||$58|
|X-Ray, Intraoral - Complete Series Including Bitewing||$163||$87||$76|
|Cleaning (Prophylaxis) - Adult||$124||$67||$57|
|Cleaning (Prophylaxis) - Child||$91||$51||$40|
|Filling - 1 Surface Resin (White) Filling, Front (Anterior) Tooth||$200||$101||$99|
|Crown - Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal (i.e. gold)||$1,278||$825||$453|
|Root Canal Molar, Excluding Final Restoration||$1,189||$851||$338|
|Extraction of Erupted Tooth or Exposed Root - Includes Local Anesthesia and Suturing If Needed||$219||$99||$120|
|Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment Child||$5,991||$3,549||$2,442|
Actual costs and savings may vary by provider, service and geographic location. We use the average of negotiated fees from participating providers to determine the average costs, as shown on the chart.
The select regional average cost represents the average fees for the procedures listed above in Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City, as displayed in the cost of care tool as of September 2018.
The Dentachoice Dental and Vision Program provides access to the Aetna Dental Access network. This network is offered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the Dentachoice Dental and Vision Program. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative or employee of National Benefit Builders, Inc. (NBBI). Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.